Advanced Materials & Planning
Challenge to new field
The Advanced Materials & Planning Department’s mission is to create new products and businesses which are the pillars of our future in performance materials and life sciences other than pharmaceuticals and agrochemicals. While to clarify the characteristics of the new seeds with highly originality and capture the market needs, we are promoting the actual demand of new products that meet customer needs.
In addition to building on and utilizing our unique fine organic synthesis, polymer design, ultrafine particle control and biological evaluation core technologies, we are attempting to speed up the generation of new business and materials by forming alliances with other specialist corporations, and by forming a partnership with Kyushu University.
Furthermore, we are endeavoring to explore the limitless possibilities of chemical science to create high value-added products that satisfy customer demands for reliability, and in the process grow even brighter as a value-creating corporation.
Environmental Harmony Materials
- Nucleating Agents for Inducing the Crystallization Speed of PLA.
This material improve forming cycle performance, thermal stability and transparency of final products.
ECOPROMOTE is effective for injection molding and thermoforming process.
- Energy harvesting material
- We are developing high-performed 'Coating Solutions for printable Thermoelectric Material' and 'Soluble Hole Transport Materials for Organic Photoelectric Conversion Device'.
Life Science Materials
- This material can change from GEL(solid) to SOL(liquid) by pressure.
NANOFIBERGEL make formation for Spray, Cream and Stick etc. These are suitable for cosmetics, medical and healthcare application.
- Cell culture material
- Cell culture media with “FP001”, which is cell culture ingredient, can disperse and float cell spheres. It represent similar viscosity of water and is applied to screening of anti-cancer agent. FP001 also make it possible to do large-scale 3D culture of iPS/ES cells.
- SUNCONNECT® is the liquid type curable material based on origanic-inorganic resin.
- High thermal resistant (ex. solder reflow-ability), and low optical loss having a visible range and also telecommunication wavelength in a near infrared region.
- Applicable of various fabrication method such as UV lithography, imprint and etc.
New Development Field
- AQUAJOINT® is a stretchable hydrogel formed by mixing two liquids at room temperature. Water-soluble components in this product can form a gel with a three-dimensional network structure when the product is left at room temperature after mixing the two types of water solutions. Various components are added to this solution to fulfill the customer’s need.
- Materials for battery ,etc
- FairCurrent® is coating material contains highly dispersed nanomaterial for Lithium ion battery. This material enable LiB to improve energy density and life by reduction of electric resistance and increasing adhesion to electrode between current collector