Information to help investors gain a deeper insight into who we are
Who are we?
We, as a “Future-Creating Enterprise that responds to social needs with unique, innovative technologies” , contribute to solve social issues such as global warming, energy problems and food shortages.
In April 2016 we launched Progress2030 and Vista 2021, our long-term and medium-term business plan.
■Long-term Business Plan ”Progress2030”
A Long-Term Business Plan for the period to 2030
Company vision at 2030
- A corporate group which provides new values for helping to enrich people’s lives by integrating internal and external knowledge with facing globally-changing society
- A group of first-class pioneers who blaze a way to the future with enthusiasm by trusts they have built and skills they have cultivated
To achieve the vision, we set a basic strategy that “Entering new fields by evolving, deepening and expanding unique technologies” and develop business in 4 domains: “Information & Communication”, “Life Sciences”, “Environment & Energy” and “Chemicals & Affiliates”, that are based on 5 core technologies: “Fine Organic Synthesis”, “Functional Polymer Design”, “Ultrafine Particle Control”, “Biological Evaluation” and “Optical Control”.
■Mid-term Business Plan “Vista2021”
A Six-year Business Plan Starting in FY2016
Ideal situation at 2021
- “Information & Communication” and “Life Sciences” are the driving force for growth while “Chemicals & Affiliates” achieves a stable profit.
- Establish the foundation of “Environment & Energy” business and a position as a promising chemical manufacturer that keeps moving forward with a strong presence.
To realize the situation, we focus on “Maximizing the profit from existing products”, “Improving marketing power” and “Enhancing R&D capability” in the Stage Ⅰ.
|R&D expenses / Sales ratio||8.9%||8%
|Total payout ratio||70.8%||Maintaining
■Detailed materials about Long & Medium-Term Business Plan
Long-term Business Plan“Progress2030” and Mid-term Business Plan “Vista2021”
Mid-term Business Plan”Vista 2015 StageII”
- Operating margin: Operating profit ÷ Net sales
The ratio of operating profit to net sales. This ratio shows the profitability of a company’s core business.
- ROE (Return on equity) : Net income ÷ Shareholders’ equity
The ratio of net income to shareholders’ equity.
This ratio shows the extent to which shareholders’ equity was used to generate profits.
- Dividend payout ratio: Dividend payment amount ÷ Net income
This ratio shows the extent to which net income is returned to shareholders in the form of dividends.
- Total payout ratio : (Dividend payment amount + Share share repurchases amount) ÷ Net income
This ratio shows the extent to which net income is returned to shareholders in the form of dividends and share repurchases.
- R&D expense / Sales ratio：R&D costs ÷ Net sales
The ratio of R&D costs to net sales. This ratio shows the extent to which management resources are being used for the future versus the size of the company.